The one where I list my favorite books.

I've written before about my love of reading. I was blessed to grow up in a home that treasured the written word and some of earliest memories involve my mother, her lap, and a book. So I am thrilled about the NEA's Read Across America week, where:

On March 2, the National Education Association is calling for every child to be reading in the company of a caring adult.

In celebration of this week I give you my favorite book by grades.

1st grade: (read to me) Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
2nd : Ramona Quimby, age 8 by Beverly Cleary
3rd: James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
4th: the Little House on the Praire Series by Laura Ingles Wilder
5th: Matilda and the Witches both by Roald Dahl
6th: the Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
7th: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
8th: Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
9th: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
10th: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
11th: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
12th: The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
13th: the Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
14th: Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard
15th: Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
16th: One Flew Over the Cokoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Comments

Tony333 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.