what I do


So, it's been over a month since my last post....I'm pretty sure that's the longest I've gone without saying something in this space since I created it 4 years ago.

And there's been a good reason for this.

I've been working. Full time.

And this past month has been the first time I have worked full time since I started blogging.
Let's just say it has been a shock to my system. And our lives.
Don't get me wrong. I have seen God's hand of provision so clearly in this move to employment.
-Like how a lot of the jobs I applied for and were asked to interview for have new been eliminated (one month after I would have been working there) due to our county's budget crisis.
-And how I can sleep in til 8:30am because of the split shift.
-And how our combined salaries meet our needs and allow us to put a little aside for baby!

But at the same time...I do have a chronic health condition. And even though I get to sit when I'm at my computer or talking to my clients...I come home with bulging disks, aching feet, and tingly legs.
So I lay down. A lot.

I find it amusing that when I wasn't working...people could not imagine how I filled my time. When in reality my life was full. I kept up with housework, meal planning and preparations so that when my husband WAS home, he could relax. I volunteered with our church's youth group and at a local elementary every week. I was involved in three women's groups at our church. I took a class for three hours every Sunday night at our church. And I still have time to make and sell cakes, cookies, and crocheted items. I made handmade cards and handmade gifts.

Now.
I work.
And lay down.

And no one asks me what I do anymore.

Comments