Bourguignon that's easier to make than to spell.

Here was my dinner last night: Yum.

It's a simplified version of the classic Beef Bourguignon I came across a few years ago when I still received Real Simple. While I muster up the courage to try Julia Child's masterpiece, this does the trick. If you attempt this quicker version for yourself, here are a few of tips to apply.

  • Dry your beef, get the oil hot, and depending on the size of your pan and chunks of beef, work in 2 to 3 batches so you can work up some really great caramelization.
  • Don't crowd your mushrooms. Just like the beef, I added them to the pan in batches.
  • Unless you want tears streaming down your face and to have onion fingers for the next three days, use frozen peal onions. I did not. I have onion fingers.
And if you want to send it over the top, serve your lovely stew on top of a dollop of Ina Garten's Parmesan Smashed Potatoes.

You're welcome :)

Comments