Paper in the Home

I have always loved paper. As a little girl, I would keep piles of scraps, turning them into crafts and cards of all kind.

As I grew, so did my love of paper and consequently, so did my piles of paper. I discovered scrapbooking and have collected folders and files full of beautiful patterns and lovely shades.

So it seems only natural to decorate my home with what I love.
Like these buntings that drift over the windows and doors in my kitchen.
I'd been seeing darling buntings everywhere from blogs to etsy. So I decided to make some, only using some cute kitchen-themed scrapbook paper I found at Big-Lots.

I also wanted to use paper to make some decorations for what we affectionately call "the blue room." This spare room will eventually be painted a shade of cream, but for now this space where I house all my books, craft supplies, and a small gray bunny rabbit is this shade of early 90s teal.
So using these directions, I turned white paper sacks into hanging flowers that twist and float in the wind. I get to watch them as I have my devotions in the morning and sip my coffee.

I know these decorations are only paper, and will probably fade and wear in time. But simple decorations that make me happy are worth the effort.

Comments