Heart on a String


I told you Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday.
And yesterday I made this garland to prove it.
It reminded me of one of my favorite passages
from one of my favorite books:


"I sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you-
-especially when you are near me, as now:
it is as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs,
tightly and inextricably knotted to a similar string
situated in the corresponding
quarter of your
little frame
."

-Mr. Rochester, Chapter 23, Jane Eyre


May this week be a celebration
of those whose hearts are strung to yours.
And may they be drawn close and held tightly.

Comments

I know that I don't comment a lot, but I just have to say that I LOVE your creativeness and seeing all the neat things that you do. I know that you have good times and bad times like anyone else, but it just seems like your life - even in the little things oozes with peace, joy, love, and just a fullness. I appreciate that about you!
Michelle
I totally want that garland! Jenny, that is seriously one of my favorite books of all time, but how on earth do you remember all these quotes to include on your blog? Amazing.
jennymarie1981 said…
ah...you guys are so sweet. making me blush here.
and I'll admit...most of the quotes come to me by way of spontaneous inspiration, and by that I mean google searches :)