an attribute to God Himself

I don't know Chinese.

I don't know anyone who knows Chinese.

I don't know who these people are who keep posting comment on my blog in Chinese.


But I can tell you one thing. While I should be upset that people are using my precious little space in the cyber world to leave links to God-knows-what (and I want to keep deviance a mystery, so I just delete without looking), what truly upset me was the little quote they left yesterday.


"The best way to foster a healthy child is for the parents to first become able-bodied people."


I am far from able-bodied. I never will be. I know some of the tenderest, most compassionate, fantastic parents in the world. And they are disabled. I think it makes them twice blessed. A living mercy that "blesseth him that gives and him that takes."


Seeing value in the imperfect is at the heart of Christianity, Democracy, and parenthood Believing:

That the damaged is still beautiful and good,

that there is hope of creating something better,

that hope and mercy and grace are the most evident in light of suffering.

This is the truth.

And it sets me free.


So go leave your dirty little lies somewhere else.



Comments