Pumpkin and Spice and Everything Nice

I know I can be sort of a *ahem* dessert snob.
That is why there has been a box of spice cake mix in our pantry for over a year.
I think it was given to us by some sweet person...and I was just too snobby to use it.

Until I was perusing Pinterest the other day when I saw a claim that you could make cupcakes from two ingredients: a can of pumpkin and a boxed cake mix. I thought to myself, "I have a cake mix. I have pumpkin...I need cupcakes." And I have to tell you, after making these goodies last night, this dessert snob thinks you need cupcakes at your house too.

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

-Boxed mix for Spice Cake
-15 oz. can pureed pumpkin
(for reals, that's it!)

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 12 cup muffin tin. Add pumpkin to cake mix and blend well. Use 1/4 measuring cup to scoop into tins. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.

And while they are cooling you can make the frosting.
(I've never had the cupcakes without the frosting and it is so good...why mess with perfection?)

Marshmallow Spice frosting
-1/4 cup (half a stick) butter, softened
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-3.5 oz. Marshmallow fluff
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. nutmeg
-3 c. powdered sugar

Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add marshmallow fluff and mix well. Add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add powdered sugar slowly, mixing well. Beat well. Put into pastry bag and frost cooled cupcakes. Welcome fall!



Comments

Amber Shomo said…
Hm - I think even I could handle this recipe!!! :-)
Anonymous said…
Not only is this a tasty & quick thing to make, it's 1 point on weight watchers!!