100th post!!















How amazing! 100 posts in under a year and a half :) I've garnered a few faithful readers and a few friends along the way. So, in keeping with this little tradition, please enjoy the following 100 things about me:

1. I did not learn to type correctly until college.
2. I taught myself through many, many papers.
3. My small high school only offered one class of typing and I chose to take psychology instead.
4. I double majored in Psychology and Social Work.
5. During high school I wanted to be an interior designer.
6. I decided I was going to attend IWU in the 7th grade.
7. I was the first Social Work major in the Honors College.
8. My favorite color is pink and it has been ever since I can remember.
9. I still consider myself a blonde, even though my drivers' license states that I am a brunette.
10. I have lived in three states in the past four years.
11. I lived in the same home for the first 18 years of my life.
12. I love to bake. And would rather bake that do any other household chore.
13. I was in 4-H for 10 years, 9 years of microwave cooking (yes it's an actual category).
14. I am somewhat of a dessert snob and prefer homemade cakes, pastries etc. to boxed varieties...don't get me started on canned frosting.
15. My husband also calls me a coffee snob. I bring my own brew to church every week.
16. I have been known to blow through $75 worth of Starbucks gift cards in under a month.
17. I started drinking coffee the summer before I started college.
18. My signature dish is enchiladas with Spanish rice.
19. When I am home alone I sing songs very...very loudly.
20. I used to have hair past my waist in high school.
21. In the course of 6 months I cut off 28 inches, donating to locks of love twice.
22. I had hair 2" long when I first met my husband.
23. He keeps trying to get me to cut it that short again.
24. I married my husband less than 2 years after we started dating.
25. He thinks I told him that I like to camp before we got married.
26. I like "camp" as in church camp. (you know with running water, electricity, and prepared meals.)
27. I went to church camp every year from ages 5 to 18.
28. I worked at the same church camp for three years in college.
29. I have been to 6 countries outside the U.S. (Canada, the Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique.)
30. I'm in the process of a quarter-life crisis.
31. I lived in the freshman dorm all four years of college.
32. I was voted most likely to succeed in high school.
33. I can sleep for 10 hours every night if left to my own devices.
34. I took piano lessons for 9 years.
35. I can play one song by memory on the piano.
36. I have two older brothers who used to pick on me all the time growing up.
37. My brothers got exponentially cooler when they got married.
38. I have three nieces and a nephew. (Jacob, Emma, Lauryn, and Evelyn)
39. I used to take ceramics classes every Saturday morning. I even made my own porceline doll.
40. I was not allowed to have any Barbies of my own until I turned 5.
41. I played with Barbies until I was 12.
42. I accepted Jesus into my heart when I was 10 years old.
43. I put off getting my drivers' license until I was 17 and 1/2, believing that the extra maturity would make me a safer driver.
44. I had my first accident one month after getting my license.
45. I had my second one a few months later.
46. Both accidents were my fault, but I haven't had any since (or speeding tickets either.)
47. I got my fist job when I was in 5th grade as a paper girl for our neighborhood.
48. I kept it for 6 years and earned a big scholarship for college.
49. I have only worked for hospitals since graduating from college.
50. I have an internal monologue that narrates my life.
51. I think my life should have a soundtrack.
52. I have trouble paying full-price for anything, especially clothes.
53. I still wear pants from 5 years ago. a lot.
54. I consider getting my hair cut and styled on a regular basis pampering myself.
55. I have had one pedicure...and it was a weird experience. It was a man. He kept eye contact with me wile massaging my calves.
56. I won't be getting another pedicure anytime soon.
57. I bite my nails. All. the. time.
58. I have let my nails grow out three times. Around the time I knew I would be proposed to. For our wedding. For Nathan's birthday last year.
59. I have worn glasses since fifth grade.
60. During high school and college I wore contacts.
61. Though Rachael was my favorite Friends character, I'm afraid I'm more like Monica in real life.
62. I love throw pillows. I have 13 in our living room.
63. My pillows are categorized: untouchably fancy, nice enough to lean on with care, okay to put your face on.
64. I don't like wearing shorts.
65. I could live in yoga pants.
66. I love to read. Mostly classics.
67. I like movies, but usually just watch whatever is on, or what my husband likes.
68. My favorite book is Flowers for Algernon.
69. My favorite gift is fresh flowers.
70. My favorite flowers are roses.
71. I love to arrange flowers for weddings and dream of starting my own business some day.
72. I like using glassware and real dishes, I don't ever choose to use plastic cups or paper plates.
73. I like that my husband likes to read.
74. I think my love language is back massages.
75. I used to hate broccoli and other green vegetables.
76. My mother would make me sit at the kitchen table until I ate my vegetables. This usually meant I finally ate cold nasty vegetables alone.
77. Now I choose to eat green veggies.
78. Even though my birthday is in the fall, it is not my favorite season.
79. Spring is my absolute, favorite, wonderful time of year.
80. I consider eating at a restaurant a fabulous luxury.
81. I'm finding it difficult to talk about myself this much.
82. Most of the furniture in our home was given to us by friends or purchased at an auction.
83. I love furniture with character.
84. I don't like to confront or disappoint people.
85. I don't like loud noises, loud music or television.
86. I learned to crochet from my roommate my freshman year in college.
87. I learned to sew from my mother.
88. I learned to drive from my father.
89. I learned how to defend myself from my brothers.
90. My favorite number is 24.
91. My favorite night of the week is Thursday. Cuddling on the couch with my honey.
92. My favorite childhood memory is playing on my grandfather's farm.
93. Most of my favorite books are those that have been made into movies.
94. I usually just read the books and save myself the disappointment and skip the movie.
95. I'm prone to be late.
96. My husband has helped me become more prompt.
97. My best birthday gift was my lop-eared bunny, Miles, from my husband for my 24th birthday.
98. My fingers are double-jointed and I like them.
99. My back does not bend, and I think my scar makes me sexy.
100. At least once as week, I make home made pizza. You should come on over some time.

Comments

Amy said…
congrats on your 100th post! I always enjoy reading 100 Things lists, and yours is great. several made me laugh, several I could identify with...the 2-inch hair made me want to see a picture. I must have known you then but I can't remember you with hair that short!

oh, and if I lived in Indiana I'd be all over that pizza invitation :)
Tarah said…
You're so cute!! I hope you are feeling better.
Mom said…
100 very interesting items from a VERY Beautiful, Intelligent, Caring, Sensitive and Loving young lady.

Mom and I enjoyed reminiscing with you. You will always be our little girl!!

Love, Dad

P.S. Happy Birthday on Friday!
Unknown said…
I'm impressed! That was alot to read and alot more to write I'm sure! I enjoyed it though! I think I'd like to get in on some of that homemade pizza!! :)
We love you Jenny!!