Perspective


God is good...but our current circumstances suck.

There's no getting around it.

And even though scripture tells me that God is not unfair...the world around me sure seems unfair.

And when people try to offer comforting words about the "one time a few years ago my husband got laid off too"...I have to tell you. It really doesn't help. I appreciate the effort, really, I do.

But according to the Stress Scale...we should be dead by now.
Because in the last three years, we:

Struggled financially
Lived in a stressful neighborhood
Had someone break into our home
Had someone break into our car
I was Partially Permanently Disabled
Struggled with a VERY frustrating worker's comp. circus
Moved a few states away
Moved again
Got a mortgage for the first time
Had a flood in our basement which was NOT covered by insurance
Grieved any future biological children= infertility
Went through 9 months of adoption paperwork
Was fired
Adoption put on hold


That's a score of around 500 on a scale of 1 to 300.
Losing a spouse is 100.

So I say all this to give our current circumstances a little perspective. And this is just getting ridiculous. God is good, and He will take care of. I'm pretty sure He won't let us go homeless. And EVENTUALLY we will be parents. And one day we will look back on all this and see how His hand of protection and guidance has been over us the whole time.

But if you are going to complain to me about your stretch marks, or the one time you couldn't go on vacation when you wanted to...you should probably keep it to yourself.

Comments