Turkey Tacos

I love Curtis Stone...
but not for the reason you're probably thinking :)

I love his recipes, healthy, full of fresh ingredients, yet they still resemble food I'm used to (read: my husband will still eat). So I was happy to see that he recently joined forces with a local grocery store. While I don't shop at that particular grocer, the recipes on-line and in their magazine are perfect for summer. And the two that I've tried...have been spot on.

So here's a fabulous Taco recipe. I've made some tweaks, so you can view the original recipe here.
Lettuce-Wrapped Turkey Tacos
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1/2 white onion, diced
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 T. fresh oregano
  • 1 T. Cumin
  • 2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. salt.
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 6 lettuce leaves
  • 1/2 red pepper, diced
  • 1/2 tomato, diced
  • 1/2 C. low-fat sour cream
  • 3/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in large skillet over Med. Heat. Add onions and cook 3-4 min. until they start to get translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in spices. Add ground turkey and break up as you stir. Cook until browned.

To assemble tacos, place 1/3 C. turkey filling in center of each leaf, top with cheese, sour cream, peppers and tomatoes and fold.

Comments