Ordering my Prayer Life

"I have told you these things,
so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart!
I have overcome the world."
-John 16:33


I first learned that verse as a song in children's church...any else? So that powerful verse been running through my head ever since I turned that card over earlier this week. See I have cards...two sets. The first set is a set of memory cards...and these cards have songs that go along with them. I'm hiding these truths in my heart with hopes of helping our future little one know and love His word.

The second set of cards are Character Traits with working definition of Godly characteristics and scripture verses that go along with them. I pray that these traits might be evident in my life, in our family, and in the heart of our future child. This past week I've been loving the definitions for these three characteristics:

Obedience: freedom to be creative under the protection of divinely appointed authority

Patience: accepting a difficult situation from God without giving Him a deadline to remove it

Contentment: realizing that God has provided everything I need for my present happiness

Comments