For the Love of Basil


I love fresh Basil.
I love is so much I lurve it!

But it's always a bummer to pay $2.88 for a little package that has the life of a fruit fly.

and sometimes they collect fruit flies...that last longer that the basil.

So when our local grocery store has small pots of Basil for $2.50 I thought I'd try to see if I could manage to NOT kill it. And if history repeated itself and my container garden turned into a container cemetary, I would pick a few leaves and call it good, having spend the same as the little plastic containers from a few states over.

Well...imagine my surprise when my little plant thrived...it's turning into a shrub. And blossoming! Did you know Basil had flowers!

I've heard that Basil doesn't do so well for more than a season and I can expect it to die by fall...so in the meantime I'm loving fresh picked basil in EVERYTHING.

and Nathan's learning to love the smell of Basil on his wife's fingers :)

Comments