Books for Baby

So here's my new favorite thing:
collecting children's books for our future baby.
We're up to over 60...so I think I need to slow down a little.

In the nursery, our baby has a travel system, a changing table,
and an ever-filling book case.

But here's the great thing...
I haven't paid over $.88 for any of the gems in my collection.
In fact, a lot of the books are from our local Salvation Army,
where books are 6 for a dollar.


And because I like to share my bargains, here are some of my favorites:
Some classics,

Books we had in our house when I was growing up:


Newer Classics:

the Berenstain Bears, Madeline, and Curious George

Dr. Seuss,

Some of my favorite Reading Rainbow books.
Miss Rumphius and the Little House
are probably two of my all-time favorites.

Caldecott Honor Books.

MORE Caldecott Honor books,

and Little Golden Books :)
I have LOVED finding them,
and then coming home
and re-reading these beloved books,
dreaming of the day when we will turn these pages
with our little person in our laps.

Comments

Reading with Abby is one of my FAVORITE things to do. It is a great way of connecting your childhood with theirs. We have a lot of the same taste in books, Jenny! Especially Bread and Jam for Francis! That was my mom's favorite as a girl, so it is special to us. Check out Susan Bonton books. They are funny, silly board books that Abby LOVES! You can find them at TJ Maxx cheap.