mine.


"When Hana first came from China, I used to rock her every night as she took her bedtime bottle. Like every other mother, I was determined that "mama" would be her first English word. So night after night, as she stared up into my eyes, I would ask, "Who am I?" and I would answer my own question: ma-ma. This continued for some nights; then finally she decided to speak. Not really expecting an answer, I asked her again, "Who am I?" To my surprise, Hana took the bottle out of her mouth, looked straight into my eyes, and said clearly, "Mine."

Patt Wadenpful from Thriving as An Adopted Family

Comments

Traci said…
I really like your blog!

You are invited to follow me! I hope you do~! :)
Jill said…
i loved this. you are such a good momma, jenny. and i say 'are' because i know you already love this little one so much--God is going to bless you guys in big ways.