All over but the waiting...


almost.

We finished up our last meeting with our social worker on Wednesday. She got a quick tour of our house and then we sat chatting on our sofa for around the next 2 and 1/2 hours.

And our home study (from our end of things) is complete. Now we just have to wait another month to two months (she said it will probably be more like 2) for her to write up her thesis on us. Part of the home study is also waiting on our background checks to come back, fingerprints to clear, and doctor reports to be filed. Then I guess our homestudy will be officially be complete.

So once our homestudy is completed, the agency can begin to show our profile books to potential birth parents and we will be "on the list." This is the part of adoption called, marketing yourself. Weird. Yes. Necessary. Absolutely. I choose to look at it as, telling our story and sharing our lives with people who are making a heart-wrencing decision out of love for their unborn baby. So I'm trying to cover the whole thing in prayer and trust the God will do the matching...I've just got to best represent who we are.

I've had our profile books done since the end of February..so yeah..I like to plan ahead. I also have our slide show finished...iMovie has been my best friend last week :) Once we get the music approved, we can put it on YouTube and facebook. And then the last part will be writing our "Dear BirthMother Letter." This is the part I'm dreading and saving til last...we'll see how it goes.

So there you go, a little adoption update. We're waiting to be on the waiting list. And in the meantime...I'm neurotically updating our Target WishList. Reading books, and preparing for baby!!

Comments

Amy said…
Do you think you might share your slideshow and/or your birth mother letter here? I imagine they're both intensely personal...yet in light of everything else you've written I am sure they will both be intensely beautiful.
Anonymous said…
I agree with Amy... both will be intensely beautiful. I'm bathing this in prayer as always, and I'm especially asking for the birth parent(s)' heart(s) to be directed to see the Truth & the truth about you. I also pray that an overwhelming joy and peace pours over them like water and they will be glad to give their child to you as a precious gift. I'm so thankful for you to have involved all of us in your life like this! IT'S SO AWESOME!!