Your Branches Green Delight Us


Much to my mother's horror...we have not had a tree in our home for the last three Christmases.
Why? Because we were being practical...and frugal...and we had little space in our apartments and tight budgets.

But this year...in our first home. A tree.
And maybe next year we will have to have a table-top tree out of the reach of tiny fingers...I hope I hope.

And with the absence of a Christmas tree these past years...our cherished ornaments lay in storage. So as we took each one out, carefully finding homes among the branches...each one seemed more special...more treasured.
Because there is value in waiting.
Gratitude hidden in wanting.

our newest ornament...for our new nest
a beautiful handmade ball from a college mentor
Scarlet arrived the year I finally got around to reading "Gone With the Wind"
from 2004...our first Christmas
another handmade ornament by my Grandmother,
from scraps of my junior bridesmaid dress in my Aunt's wedding.

So I sit in our decorated home,
crocheting or cuddling,
admiring each ornament and savoring each memory.

Comments