Winner Winner...

image via Martha
Chicken (err, make that Pork Chop) Dinner.

I tried this new recipe for Pork Chops last night and I had to share it. I had seen in on the Martha Show last week and decided to give it a try. I even brined something for the first time in my life...act impressed. I think the fresh thyme IS essential...and it will make your fingers smell wonderfully for the rest of the evening :) So after years of gray, curled up, dry as a desert chops...we found a winner. It got rave reviews from my husband and he requested that THIS become our g0-to recipe for pork.

My only substitutions were:
  • I used regular bread crumbs instead of Japanese because I still have two cans of bread crumbs from our pantry shower the church threw us almost a year ago.
  • I did not use orange peel in the brine. I did not have any oranges and I did not have any orange peel. I don't think it was essential.
  • I used olive oil for the actual frying.
  • I had to leave the pork chops in the oven for 12 minutes for them to be done in the center. Maybe Martha's oven is blazin' hot but mine took a little longer.

Comments