Things I'm Thankful for in Iowa

Before I moved here, the only things I knew about Iowa were from the Field of Dreams and the Bridges of Madison County.

And while my new state is the leading producer of corn, there are lots of other things I'm thankful for here. This week I'm reminded to be grateful for:

  • a neighborhood with sidewalks, perfect for after-dinner walks with my hunny
  • three schools near our house, read: lots of small children walking by in the afternoon
  • a great doctor that can see me in about a week (in Indianapolis I had to wait over a month!)
  • a great urgent care at the same clinic, where I can see a doctor in less than 30 minutes from walking in the door (unheard of!)
  • a safe neighborhood, allowing me to sleep with the windows open
  • a safe town where this guy is the major criminal
  • small town football games on Friday nights
  • the smell of fall in the air (sweaters, hot chocolate, and pumpkin-chip cookies here I come :)

Comments