New Treasures


My Dad and I have the same love language: gifts.
When I got to their house a few weeks ago, I found this awaiting me. A vintage Greentown Glass Cake Stand.
I know he loves me. And sometimes it helps to have pretty things in my kitchen that remind me of that fact.
I'm trying really hard not to bake sweet things to fill it with.
I'm trying because my husbands wants to stay in shape and has asked me not to bake *so much* We'll see how that goes ;)Later that week, I went antique shopping with my dearest friend Alison.
I think her love language must be finding cute things and talking me into buying them.
Because she's really good at that.
So I came home with this apron. And I wore it tonight while I make Nathan dinner.
And then I asked him to take a picture of me in it because it matches my toes.
Nathan said I look scandalous because you can't see my shorts under the apron.
Scandalous huh?!

Alison also found these little Strawberry placemats.
I do think they are adorable and again, I'm trying not to bake strawberry-cream cheese bread to put on the cake stand.
And finally, we found this dish cloth. I like it because it matches my kitchen, it is vintage, and I have actually been to Holland. Twice. So I don't really feel like a poser with this tea towel.
And I think only a poser would have adorable strawberry placemats and no strawberry sweets.
So I really should bake something right?
We'll see how long my self-restraint holds out.

Comments

Michelle said…
LOVE. All if it. :)