My Style: Thrift Store Decor


You always get a feeling
the minute you walk through
the thrift store door
as to whether it will be full
to the point of over-flowing
with "peachy finds"
or "crappity crap"
-Dottie Angel

I found that quote and loved it. It's so true. Sometimes I just get the feeling that I should check out the thrift store today. I walk in and BAM find just the perfect little topiary and apothecary jar for my plant ledge in the living room.


Or the time I walked into Goodwill and nestled among rubbish I found this little cloche, perfect for covering Nathan's Great Grandmother's plate.


And then there are the gilded frames hanging above our bed. Nothing special until I was inspired by this to include my clearance-bin Martha Stewart Crafts butterfly stickers. I love taking inspiration from beautiful places and conspiring ways to make them super cheap. (as in under $4.00 for both frames and stickers.)


I'd call that "peachy" indeed.

Comments