My Husband's Favorite Pizza


I watched a documentary on Pizza on the History channel while I was folding the clothes yesterday (because Monday is laundry day at our house.) I was sick last week, so I was on load number three and all those pizzas were looking really really good.

So, guess what we had for dinner tonight :) As we ate, my husband grew silent. He closed his eyes. Kept eating. After his third piece he looked at me and said, "This is my favorite."
I asked him, "Favorite what? toppings? pizza? thing to have for dinner?"
"Yes," he said. Kept eating.

So while I still have other favorites (like Zoey's sweet deep dish, here in Marion) I'm glad to say that his favorite pizza...and dinner, came from my kitchen.

It's a recipe from his mamma that he grew up with. We have it almost every week. So I'm sharing the recipe here so that maybe it can be a favorite at your house too.

Richardson Family Pizza Dough
  • 1 package yeast
  • 1 T. granulated sugar
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • pinch salt
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup flour
Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Stir slighty and let set for a minute until foamy. Add olive oil, salt and two cups flour, one cup at a time. Fold with spoon until flour is mixed with dough and forms a loaf. Cover bowl with tea towl and let rise 30-40 minutes.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour pizza pan. Add last 1/2 cup flour to dough and using hands, form into circle on pan. Bake 7 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and cheese. Top with desired toppings. (I used onions, mushrooms, and cheery tomatoes, halved.)

Bake for additional 17 minutes or just until cheese is melted and crust is golden.

Comments

I saw your Keep Calm and Carry On picture the other day while I was out shopping. It made me think of you and smile.