Twelve Days of Christmas v.3

Nothing says comfort and joy like something warm to drink on a cold winter night. So I love giving the gift of homemade drink mixes during Christmas.


Two of my favorites are Friendship Tea and Hot Chocolate Mix. I also like how these recipes come from women I love. The Friendship Tea was given to me during college by my dear friend Lindsay, and the Hot Chocolate Mix is from a family recipe book by Nathan's grandma Cook. Here are the recipes:

Friendship Tea
  • 2 C. Orange powdered drink mix
  • 1/2 C. granulated sugar
  • 1/2 C. instant tea
  • 1/2 C. powdered lemonade mix
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
Mix all ingredients in a large plastic bag and store in an air-tight container.
To make drink, add 2 Tbs. to 8 oz. boiling water and mix well.

Hot Chocolate Mix
  • 4 C. instant non-fat dry milk
  • 1 C. confectioner's sugar
  • 1 C. powdered chocolate drink mix (Nesquick)
  • 2/3 C. non-dairy creamer
Again, Mix all ingredients in a large plastic bag and store in an air-tight container.
To make drink, add 1/3 cup of mix to 8 oz. of boiling water and stir well.

(If you buy a 4 lb. box of dry milk, 1 lb. confectioner's sugar, 21 oz. box of Nesquick, and an 11 oz. jar of creamer, repeat this recipe 6 1/2 times and you get gifts for a crowd!)


I had just hit the dollar store, and hit it hard, when I found these templates for packaging handmade gifts. Martha Stewart offers customizable labels (she used them for home made pasta) but if I would have found them in time, they would have been great to use with these treats!!

Comments