Twelve Days of Christmas v. 7


At the bottom of the hall closet, under dusty blankets, neatly stacked they lay all year. Right after thanksgiving, while the halls were being decked, and lights strung on the tree, they made their way to a basket near the hearth.

Christmas books. They were only out for one month of the year yet I can still remember the illustrations and how I felt as my 9 year-old self turned the pages. There are many that are out of print now. And while some stories are timeless, like the Twelve Days of Christmas, or Twas the Night Before Christmas, it was the beautiful Illustrations that made them special and mine.

Those books are still around. I can bet they are still in a basket at my parent's house for another generation to make their own.

Here were some of my favorites:

The Snowy Day, Ezra Jack Keats

The Polar Express, Chris Van Allsburg

And some new one I have discovered along the way:

The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey , Susan Wojciechowski

The Jesus Storybook Bible , Sally Lloyd-Jones

Comments