Twelve Days of Christmas v. 6


This is all Leah's fault.

My freshman year of college, my roommate Leah held a seminar in the lounge teaching our whole dorm how to crochet. That was *yikes* nine years ago and I hardly go a month without picking up my hook to make something. My first project was for my then infant nephew. Since then we have added 4 other nieces to the family and I added 4 new styles of baby blankets to my repertoire.

But after baby blankets, my favorite gift to crochet is scarves. Such a tangible and practical symbol of love and warmth, don't you think?

So if you don't have a roommate to teach you how to crochet, may I recommend this book:

You can find it on Amazon, like I did last Christmas (I know the title is *knit*, but it gives the best, clearly illustrated directions on beginner crochet stitches).

Or if you want to venture into knitting, I recommend this blog. An indispensable resource guide and inspiration for hand-made knits.

Happy stitching this Holiday!

Comments