Twelve Days of Christmas v. 10


While I take the Christmas season pretty seriously, you really wouldn't be able to tell that from my favorite Christmas movies.

This time of year is deeply personal and a spiritual celebration of my faith, but this girl also loves to laugh. Maybe you do to? Maybe there can be a balance of sacred and humor, a time to reflect and a time to be entertained. I light candles on the advent wreath, and watch Elf. I attend Choir Cantatas and quote lines from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I read scripture and pray, and watch the A Christmas Story marathon every Christmas Eve. And when I was little, my favorite parts of Christmas were the Candle-lit service and Ernest Saves Christmas.

So I find balance in celebrating both the birth of Christ, and the cultural phenomenon that commercialized Christmas has become. Funny and religion have their place in my December and on my screen.

Comments