Dealing with it.


These are my big girl panties:
I am putting them on and dealing with life.

My emotional stability often depends on where my stuff is.
And right now all my business is
All Over The Place.

That's one reason I'm not a big fan of moving.
That and the price of bubble wrap. Twenty dollars! Seriously...for $20 my teacups should pack themselves.
I think it might just be cheaper to buy all new stuff and forget it.

But anyway, moving is an exercise in doing things I don't really want to.
Like overpay for packing material,
And box up all our belongings,
And find new friends.

Getting to our new home will be great. My husband will have a job that involves more significant interaction and less hypothermia. And my job will involve more homemaking and no...make that... less...crazy people. Just as long as getting there doesn't kill me first.

So until we are settled in our little two bedroom townhouse just down the street from cute shops...I will pack. I will suck it up and put on my big girl panties and deal with it.

Kind of like another situation in my life. Even once the boxes are be unpacked and each little Russian tea cup finds it's home on the shelves...I will still have to do things I won't really feel like doing. My back will hurt and I won't feel like cleaning my house. It will hurt and I will feel like staying on my sofa and watching Dr. Oz instead of leaving and meeting people.

And I will have to put on my big girl panties and do it anyway.
For now.
But one day...I won't have to deal with it anymore.

Because Revelations 21 tells me :
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”


From back pain to bubble wrap I'm trying to see these inconveniences as momentary reminders that one day my home will be with God. And I won't ever have to move out.

Comments