nooks and crannies


When I was eight years old my mom and dad took me to tour a designer showcase home.
I can still tell you what kind of wallpaper the master bedroom had. I remember that the living room had painted white bricks and a fabric covering for the chain of the chandelier.
Most of all, I remember my mother remarking that every "nook and cranny" had been attended to in that large beautiful home. I think my eight year old self made a mental note that one day, whatever my home, I too would put special care into even the tiniest of spaces.
So here are some more spaces in our home. Above is our entry way with my wedding bouquet and Greentown glass from my dad. Below is from our bathroom in the vanity area. Butterfly is from Russia, orchid picture from my dad's orchids, and the picture of us is from our first Valentine's Day when we were dating.


And here is my bedside table. Peonies are from our wedding, the platter is from our china set, figurine is from Holland, and the framed pictures are our engagement photos.

Comments