A Challenging Verse



First Peter 3:2 in the Amplified Bible says this:

"You are to feel for [your husband] all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him—to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love and enjoy your husband."

As Nathan and I celebrated our four years together, I'm continually looking to being a better wife, not only because it makes life together better or because I just want to communicate my love to him. I am realizing more and more that being a wife to Nathan is a calling. And loving this person requires me to depend on God even more. If I just give what earthly love I have, it won't last very long. And the calling to love deeply draws me to the feet of Jesus.

I found this link to the radio program "Revive Our Hearts." In God's exquisite timing, the week of our anniversary they aired several programs on better communication in marriage. So check it out, and be challenged to love deeply.

http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/today.php?pid=9975

Comments