and I'm not even joking.



In an attempt to end this miserable back pain, I talked to my doctor about switching from Tylenol to the good stuff. Apparently "good stuff" is a relative term meaning drugs that might help your back pain but will probably kill you in two weeks. This is the result, the list of possible side effects of my new anti-inflammatory pills:

-upset stomach
-nausea
-vomiting
-heart burn
-gas
-headache
-diarrhea
-constipation
-drowsiness
-dizziness
-unusual bruising or bleeding
-muscle pain or weakness
-changes in hearing
-ringing in ears
-irregular heartbeat
-very stiff neck
-mental or mood changes
-trouble sleeping
-sharp or crushing chest pain
-sudden shortness of breath
-sudden leg pain
-sudden severe headache
-changes in vision
-numbness of an arm or leg
-slurred speech
-one-sided weakness
-sudden unexplained weight gain
-change in the amount of urine produced
-severe or persistent stomach pain
-vomit that looks like coffee grounds
-black tarry stools
-itching, reddened, swollen, blistered, painful, or peeling skin
-yellowing of the skin or eyes
-dark urine
-right-sided tenderness
-severe or persistent tiredness
-fever, chills or sore throat
-swelling of the hands, ankles, feet, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue
-difficulty swallowing or breathing
-hoarseness
-rash, itching, swelling, dizziness or trouble breathing

I wish I were making this up.

"vomit that looks like coffee grounds"? Are you kidding me?!

So If you don't hear from me for a while, look under the nearest bridge where I will be living with the other dizzy, blind, deaf, half-paralyzed, peeling, vomiting, jaundiced quasi-mottos.

For I will surely be turned into troll.

Comments

Tarah said…
I've seen vomit that looks like coffee grounds. That was just before my patient DIED!!! Good luck with that.
jennymarie1981 said…
ummm...
not very encouraging.
thanks for the heads up.
Kat Coble said…
Ahhh, NSAIDs. I never thought I'd miss them, but I do.

It seems, though,that once you get a few of those symptoms they take you off NSAIDs for life.