Random Thoughts



1-I guess I never really wrote about our car invasion...as in our window was smashed, new ipod video gone, upgraded car stereo ripped from the console (they did have the decency to eject our CD before making off with it) over all, we're out about $500...merry frickin christmas huh?!

2-I'm feeling way better...after laying low for two whole days, missing one day of work, and drinking an entire pitcher of OJ...let's hear it for the ability to breathe!!

3- When I catch Miles doing odd things (i should explain that Miles is our rather fat lop-eared bunny....and when I say ours...that should read mine) he lowers his head and lets his ears slide down over his eyes. As I'm typing he's been licking the side of his cage...then he saw me looking at him and he now has the look of shame.

4-After the tragety in Colorado this Sunday, it's hard not to feel personally connected, first of all, as a member of the family of Christ and secondly, after having visited those areas a few short months ago. It's interesting how these events are being portrated by the media (I did nothing but lay on the couch yesterday...so I've seen a lot of reports) the national network syndicates are focusing on the gristly details and the fact that this person had been asked to leave YWAM a few years ago. In faith-based news networks the focus is on the pain of those affected, the soul of the perpetrator, and God's sovereignty. I was also watching the 700 club (hey it was either that, soaps, or Maury...what would you choose?) where the responses were first of all, "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart, for Christ has overcome the world , John 16:33". Secondly, "praise the Lord for the right to bear arms so we can take out terrorists before they kill more of us...all innocent civilians should take up arms". I agree with the first response...not so sure about the second response...I'm not really going to go buy a gun myself.

5-Miles really isn't so dumb after all. He couldn't reach his food at the bottom of his dish, so he just tipped it over and is now eating the food that fell out.....hhmmmm maybe I should feed the little guy more often so he doesn't have to eat off the floor.

6-It's christmas at the Richardson household and I think it's official that there will be no christmas tree this year. ( Oh, I know...are you done gasping in horror? okay) first of all....due to recent financial crappy crappy things, money is a little tight and it makes more sense to spend money on gifts instead of a tree that will be dead and brown by Jan. Secondly, we have tried to fit perhaps a little too much furniture into our one-bedroom apt and the only place that the tree would go is either on top of the dining room table, or outside on the porch. Thirdly, we got the fun surprise of a fresh pine wreath from Maine (and momma and pappa Richardson) in the mail at the beginning of the month so our home is filled with sweet evergreen scent already. Fourth, subversive indulgence, sticking it to cultural norms concerning how we "must" celebrate the holiday.

7-I'm just realizing that I have not left the apartment since Thursday evening...Maybe I can grow up to be a scholarly recluse!!

8-If you happen to be in a Finish Line store this Christmas...first of all look up. My brother designs the signs that are above the shoes. Secondly listen, my neice and nephew are part of the store's promotional recordings during the holidays.

Comments

kristin said…
I have an evergreen wreath from Maine, too! Mine is balsam fir, though, not pine. Is your sent from L.L. Bean? They make even little apartments cheery. :)