What I Should Have Said a While Ago


When we were in the midst of very dark days, a small phrase came to mind.
When we at once were without income, church, hope for our long awaited child...
the phrase "Just watch how I will take care of you."
rose from the murkiest spot.

I kept it to myself.
And maybe I should have been more bold in the hard times.

But it's really not about my personal brazenness or ability...it's about trusting a very loving God. One who loves deeply in hard circumstances.
One who promises to never leave us.
One who draws near to the brokenhearted.

I guess I was trying to be okay with pain and learn to love God even if His provision didn't look the way I *wanted* it to.

So I'll say it now...a few months later.

As we have seen a few steps further into His provision for us:

-This week I got a job that (coupled with Nathan's job) will allow us to keep our house.
-A month ago we found a local church who welcomed us.
-Last week we were told that we are on the waiting list for our adoption because, they "have every faith that you will find another job and you are such a strong resource for birth parents that we want you to be available as soon as possible."

If you want to see a God who tenderly cares for His own:

Just watch how He takes care of us.

God is higher than anything and anyone,
outshining everything you can see in the skies.

Who can compare with
God, our God,
so majestically enthroned,

Surveying his magnificent
heavens and earth?
He picks up the poor from out of the dirt,
rescues the wretched who've been thrown out with the trash,

Seats them among the honored guests,
a place of honor among the brightest and best.
He gives childless couples a family,

gives them joy as the parents of children.
Hallelujah!
Ps. 113:4-9

Comments

Shannon said…
what great insight and certainly something we needed to be reminded of this week.