First Baby gifts!

Our parents came for a visit over the Easter Holiday.
And they both gave us gifts for our future baby.
I love it. And think I could get used to baby gifts :)

Like I have said before, sometimes, I can get too wrapped in all that it takes to adopt...paperwork, fingerprints, doctor appointments, home visits...
I forget that we're not JUST adopting, we're expecting.
a baby.
And babies should be spoiled.

Here is the future Grandmother putting the finishing touches on the quilt.
Detail of the sweet little birds. The fabric is called "My Happy Nursery." How cute is that?

and the finished product!!
I think this will be the living room quilt, and soon, there will be a little person in our house.
And now they have the perfect place for tummy time, and cuddling with a book.

And while I don't have any pictures, (and I wish I did have some pictures of my mom and dad struggling to fit the HUGE box in the back seat of the car) we were also very blessed with a travel system from the other grandparents. Because as my mom said, "they won't let you leave the hospital without a car seat."

So now we have a way to get our baby home, and a handmade quilt to bundle him/her in.
Because, there's a baby coming to our house, you know :)

Comments

Michelle said…
What a beautiful quilt! Your baby will be so blessed to be a part of such a loving family.