What I Have

Our calendar is filling up again,
lots of really fun things...baby showers, dinners with friends, basketball games...
But Saturday, after an early meeting, and hosting another group,
we had a gracious reprieve,
and an afternoon and evening to ourselves.

It was glorious.

We watched movies, went shopping, ate grilled peanut butter and jelly (because I forgot to think about dinner until it was too late). Then we cuddled on the sofa in our very clean house.

And I tried to soak it all in.

Because it won't always be this way. Soon enough there will be sippy cups on every available surface, and tiny hand prints smudging the TV and glass doors. There will be feeding and sleeping schedules to work around, and a third opinion on everything.

It will be glorious, and I will try to soak in every moment with our growing baby.

But for now.
For this week.
I'm thoroughly enjoying what I have.

Comments