Home

"There is a magic in that little word,
home.
It is a mystic circle
that surrounds comforts and virtues
never known
beyond it's hallowed limits"
Robert Southey


Today I have a new title:
Homeowner.
I have such hope for our hallowed little space.
That it will be a place of joy and peace,
A safe place to run back to,
A haven to rest in,
A shelter in the storm.

After looking and looking at small 60's Ranch-style homes - we were growing weary. I needed a place without stairs. We wanted a home large enough to hold company comfortably. We needed a place that required little maintenance, with my physical limitations and my husband's already full schedule. And just when we thought we would have to look outside our little town, or that I would have to suffer through life with stairs...we found it.

And I knew.
I knew with the peace I felt after my first conversation with Nathan.
With the same assurance I had trying on that third wedding dress.
We found our home.



Comments