Rest















" God's rest is there for people to enter."

" God set another time for entering his place of rest, and that time is today."

" There is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who enter into God's rest will find rest from their labors, just as God rested after creating the world. Let us do our best to enter that place of rest."

Hebrews 4:6, 7, 9-11

I know I've read these words over and over again. I've sat through college classes and sunday school where I've studied them. Yet today, at this time in my life, they are filtered through a darker veil and therefore, shine with a broader spectrum. What brilliant words: REST.

Not the promise of a rest to come.
Not a destination to strive for.

A rest now. To embrace and to dwell in. Rest from carrying other people's burdens, from unfulfilled dreams, from pain. And all we have to do is to let go and let it surround us. To fill in the cracks and break over us.

Comments