Who Needs Circadian Rhythm Anyway?




So I am on the resource team at work...I choose this position for a few reasons. Among them is the ability to experience a diverse client base and secondly, to avoid the possible b**ch pitching that can happen when you work in close proximity with the same (mostly) women day after day :) Anyway this week our manager quit....without making the schedule. So this means that I have been calling in every day to find out what my schedule is.

Well I at one time was scheduled to work this evening...instead I am working...drumroll please...my first night shift. After three years of working in the hospital setting I finally have been sucked into the shift that does not sleep.

So I tried to take a nap this after noon, lying in bed from 2 to 6pm (I think that I only REALLY slept for 2 on those hours.) And then I will be out the door by 10:30...Things should be rough in the need for sleep deparment toward the start of the shift.

So here's to hoping that the patients get to get a good night's rest and that I get to watch them sleep :) And I hope that my sweet husband gets a good night sleep without me...after three years of sharing a bed we both have a hard time getting to sleep alone in a bed. (though this was not always the case...growing up as a good christian girl it took months for me not to be COMPLETELY freaked out that there was a BOY in my bed when I woke up in the mornings :)

Comments