My favorite things....just a few of...

As we moved to the Indianapolis area...North Indy...nathan and I have been adjusting to the economic resources available here that are unlike anywhere else we have lived. I think that in general, our neighbors just have more money to spend on things that they want. So it is easy to get a good case of the "I want's" (as my friend calls it.) And I think that the best remedy for comparison is gratitude. I need to keep my focus on all the many blessings that FILL my life. And bear in mind that the things that enrich my life and bring true richness to others are not material at all.

So in a simple exercise in gratitude I would like to share with you some of my favorite things...things that make me very happy.

*Domino Magazine
this is a great magazine with amazing designs and good entertaining ideas...this is my second year of receiving this magazine as a birthday gift...yippee



*Carmex Lip Balm
So I have dry lips...years of chapstick left me desiring more....then I found tingly peppermint happiness in a tube. I carry one in my wallet and keep another on my bed side table. I use it every night before I go to bed...really...EVERY night.



*Suave exhale lotion and body wash
I just found this new lotion...I love the scent 'alluring' and I even got a compliment on it at work. I was flattered even though that patient might have been experiening olfactory hallucinations ;)



*Lipton Diet Green Tea
For the past two and a half years I think I have had one of these every day at work. I now buy them by the 12-pack...though I am convinced that they taste better from the vending machine.



*South Beach High Protein Bars
And I definately start each day with one of these little babies on the way to work.



*Victoria Hagen designs
Target started carrying her classic designs last year. I have several throw pillows that make me very happy every time I look at them. Maybe in another life in which I wasn't a part-time social worker, maybe I could afford some of her furniture.



*Home Interiors Candles
They burn clean and really fill the whole room. My favorite scent is Petals and Pears. It's light, sweet, feminine, and refreshing without being overbearing. Now if only I could find a home interiors seller in the Indy area...



*Dunkin' Donuts Mocha Latte'
Oh how I miss these treats. I have been known to blow through $50 in three weeks with these daily jump-starts to my day. That was back in Syracuse...but I hears that they are planning on bringing over 50 Dunkin' Donuts to Indy...whohoo.



*Rocket Dog Shoes
I just like them...especially on sale :)



*Anberlin
This band is amazing. They have complex lyrics, killer drums, and really are great in concert. Check out their latest album "Cities." When I am in the mood to love life...I put this on.



*Tea sets
It's a weakness...I love real china. I own five tea sets...yikes.



*Christmas Tree Shops
For those who live in the East Coast...you know that love that is Christmas Tree Shops. For those in the Mid-west...it's like Big-Lots and Hobby Lobby had a love child...home goods for crazy cheap!!




So I hope you enjoyed my little rant on things that make me happy...enjoy!

Comments

Unknown said…
I randomly saw a pic of Domino mag on here and was led to this entry. I LOVE DOMINO! I have every issue and was totally devastated when they stopped publishing.