The Evil Invasion




OK so this is a picture of us looking back to normal...happy and not sick.

While everything is back to normal now, we have had a rough week at the Richardson home. I had my first day of work Monday and all was well for the first day of hospital orientation. I consider myself a little bit of an orientation connisseur (3 in the past four years) and was impressed with the hospital's focus on investing in us, the staff, as well as their emphasis on the intangible relationship aspect of providing care.....anyway.

After lunch I started to feel not so good. I managed to squirm my way through the second half of orientation and sped home just in time. I spent the rest of the afternoon, evening, night, and morning getting gnarly sick. I mean nastiness...I threw up so much that I burst blood vessels in my eyes and strained all the muscles in my lower back.

I had just gotten to sleep (around midnight) when I was startled awake as my poor husband began getting violently ill in the master bathroom. So I had some company to go along with my misery. The classic quote happend around 2pm as we lay in bed moaning in agony. I turned to my groom and said "Don't you just feel like you are dying?" To which he replied "Death would be sweet relief right now."

So yesterday, Thursday we finally started to feel normal again. We did lots of cleaning (because it looked like there had been an exorcism in the bathrooms) But yikes, it was a rough couple of days.

And since I missed the second day of orientation, I was told that I would have to wait two weeks and start orientation all over again....So I have another week of summer vacation...I'll probably spend it baking.

Comments

Unknown said…
You Poor thing!
I had no idea!
I'm glad you're better.
Wish we coulda connected this morning, I had to run after church to get ready for a big lunch.
Wanna get together this week?
DF:)