Pit Stop in Pulaski

So we are back home...NY home that is. It's been pretty weird because since we got here yesterday I have been thinking (you know the eternal internal monologue) about dropping by to see someone, or going to a certain place...only to realize that those people or places are really several states away in IN, not NY. I'm getting my homes mixed up. Not building homes, but that general sense of stability, comfort, and protection type of home.

As I get my bearings and get used to the idea that NY is not IN, I also have been thinking about how COMFORTABLE I was living here. Predictability and routine, comfort and abundance were permeated every aspect of life here. We did not live extravagently by any means but my schedule, finances, and (sad to say) spirituality were all at a level that required little faith...I felt that I could handle most aspects of life on my own. I knew what was expected of me at work, knew how to let people in my life only so far, knew how to maintain the status quo of how much I was willing to sacrifice for HIM.

As that life of what some might consider to be the American dream ( we only lacked the picket fence) was packed up and kissed goodbye, I have been learning again to rely on my shaky legs of faith and totally depend on God to sustain every part of daily life. From finances, friendships, schedule, emotionally security, sanity, and my relationship with him, None of it is in my hands or under my control anymore. What a relief.

I think I'm finding a new place to call home.

Comments