Last Day of Work

So tonight is my last day of work at CPEP (Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program). After about two years of doing interviews and discharge planning for patients that come through our doors, after getting to know some of the most dedicated and gracious people in Syracuse, learning to navigate the Mental Health Services of the area, and having some of the most unique experiences ever (just let me tell you some of my stories !) I am calling it quits.

Everyone has been so kind with a card signed by all and a beautiful boquet of flowers...now we just have to get through the last day of Church on Sunday and the picnic after, and our official duties in our respective jobs will be complete.

One of my co-workers just posed an interesting question. She said "Does it feel weird that in thirty minutes you won't ever be walking in these doors ever again?" And I had to roll that around my head a while. I told her that this is my third job in three years, third state in three years and fourth house in three years...I'm getting pretty good at this good-bye thing...maybe a little too good.

I wonder if I will really engage when we do land again? Will I be able to be vulnerable to ANOTHER set of friends? Will I really give and work at relationships and ministry...or will I pull back, maintain the minimum and quietly wait to say good-bye to the new set of people as well.

I hope not. I pray not. I pray to always be in the center of GOD's will and I really believe that right now that entails clinging to my sweet husband and living out of our van for a few months. I think I'm past the mourning and the whining and just ready to travel the country with my best friend.

So to those of you that are reading this...welcome. Welcome to the adventure of our lives, of our summer abandoned to seeking after God's will for us...even though we don't know what that looks like. After answering a lot of questions with "I don't know" keep reading as the answers are revealed.

Comments

sc1enceteacher said…
Happy flag day! I hope the trip south goes smoothly and that it's not, as the one song from the picnic was titled, "a wreck on the highway.." ;)
Unknown said…
I'm along for the ride.
Danielle:)