hightlights of the week

I think I could get used to this whole business of going on vacation in Bar Harbor. We spent most days by getting up and taking a few laps in the resort pool. Then headed back and lounging around reading, (watching NESN if you're Nathan) and then getting ready. After eating a quick lunch in the room, we left to explore the island for the afternoon.
This included trips to : cadillac mountain with its wide expansive view, southwest harbor and a ferry ride to little cranberry island (a lupine filled little place where its residents ride their bikes everywhere) thunderhole (we missed the really cool bursts of water though I love these views of the Maine coast the best :) and bargain shopping in the neighboring town. After our adventures, we usually headed into Bar Harbor to eat early. Our favorite place was Geddy's not only because of their fun license-plate covered decor, but their food was amazing with reasonable prices (and a good place for people like Nathan and I who aren't the biggest sea-food fans)
After dinner, we would walk around down-town, window shopping and people-watching. We decided that the people of Bar Harbor, while independent, creative and lovable, are certainly more, how to say this, Earthy, than we might consider ourselves. Let's just say I've seen my share of white people dreds and anti-bush slogans to last me a while :)
Anyway, after taking in the quaint little shops overlooking the breath-taking harbor, we made our way back to our hotel. We usually spent the evenings reading, (or if you're Nathan watching NESN) before going to bed at a reasonable 10:30 (as opposed to the ungodly hour of 2:30 that I would head to bed after working a night shift.)
Speaking of being thankful not to be working...it was a full moon last night...and I was actually able to enjoy its beauty instead of thinking of what that would mean to my client base :)
Anyway...this week has been wonderful...just to enjoy each other and spend so much time together.
Last night nathan and his dad went down to the Red Sox game. Penny, Casey and I spent the day shopping in Freeport and we are heading out for Casey to try on Wedding Dresses today...I'm in girl world :) Next week we are heading to a little more rustic location...Nathan's family cabin in Norther Maine. No running water, no electricity, two-seater outhouse...stay tuned.

Comments

sc1enceteacher said…
Have fun with the 2-seater...my mom knew people who had several outhouses along a trail going through their woods. They were named 1 John, 2 John and 3 John. ;) seriously.
Carrie said…
i'm glad your journey is going well. If you're driving through Vermont give me a shout....you could come hang out in my little town....we're looking for people to take over our church if you're bored. ;) HUGS for a happy 4th.