Twelve Days of Christmas v.9

I wish I could tell you these are what my paperwhites look like, but I can't.

I was a little late getting the bulbs in this year and right now they look like small green horns. But I'm watching them daily, measuring their growth, keeping them watered. And I'm pretty sure that, with time, they will bloom beautifully, just like these.

I've planted paperwhites before, with much success. They are so easy, that even *I* can get them to live for a while, which is saying a lot. And I even found this article on getting them drunk to keep them from falling over I haven't tried with this batch, but I might try adding alcohol to future bulbs.

And while I'm waiting for my bulbs to turn into flowers, I think it's pretty appropriate to decorate our home for Christmas with foliage that requires us to wait. We celebrate the birth of Christ, who the Israelites waited for, for hundreds of years. We celebrate his life and wait on Him again, for His return. So just another chance to wait, and to celebrate in the meantime.

Comments