I can't handle ANY MORE wildlife.



I thought that moving into the city limits of Indianapolis would require some adjustments for this small town girl. Traffic, the noise of a very busy road close by, neighbors close by. I was not prepared for the wildlife that keeps trying to get in our house.

We've only had a racoon get into the house once (but I really think that once is enough) and have seen several of his friends lurking around and on our patio. I have hunted and killed two of the biggest wolf spiders ever known to man, and Nathan has killed at least one. We have little silk worms who slink over the carpet and smell like rotten death when squished.

But this afternoon, I am done. I have closed the glass door and am going inside for the rest of the day. I was trying to shoo away an enormous daddy-long legs (you know that kind with knuckles and a bright red body...yuck) and I was trying to do this without disturbing the other wolf spider (who according to my google search is toxic but not aggressive...good to know). This was requiring the majority of my attention and ALL of my composure when I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

HUGE black dog.

Wolf-like with a head at my chest level.

No collar.

I jumped, threw down the broom and shut the door. Okay, I'll waive my white flag. Nature, you can have the patio...really.

Comments