The Wildlife

We survived three days in Yellowstone. And I don't know what was going on, but I think the animals were drawn to us. Within our first few hours of being in the park, we saw:
a black bear cub (walking down the middle of a tourist town, no doubt)
a grizzly bear (one mountain over and no closer thank you)
many, many bison (I think I could have spit on him from our van)
a bull elk (a few feet from our tent with his lady friends in the field)
a field full of pronghorns (think small deer with pointy ears)

It was crazy! And despite putting up (and tearing down) our tent in the rain. We really did have a great time. We saw Old Faithful and surrounding geyeser basin, a short and georgeous hike on Yellowstone Lake, many waterfalls, and lots of harley bikers who were in town for the Stergis Bike Round-Up (or whatever it is called...all I know is that they were everywhere.)

Comments